HD-LED is a breakthrough technology with vastly better performance than standard definition LED or conventional surgical lights.
Large Movement Range
Astralite® is designed so that the light head can be positioned all the way around the couch to examine all parts of the patient. The 5 rotations allow easy positioning of the light beam from any angle.
LED life is greater than 50,000 hours which equates to more than 20 years of normal use.
Astralite® uses less than 32 VA. LEDs are mercury free and do not contain CFCs, POPs, VOCs, halogens or other harmful chemicals.
Never having to change a bulb for the lifetime of the product means that Astralite® is highly economical. LED is substantially more efficient at producing more surgical quality light for less power.
Designed to Minimise Infections
Anti-microbial additives are used to destroy harmful bacteria. The smooth, continuous surfaces are easy to wipe clean, with split lines kept to a bare minimum. The Astralite® light head is sealed against the ingress of dirt and liquids to prevent contamination.
Silver Ion Antimicrobial Technology
Biomaster antimicrobial additive is moulded into the plastic lamp head parts and ‘Ultra Fresh’ is incorporated in the lamp head paint. Both of these additives have anti-microbial properties.
High Intensity Cold Light
Choose between the AL10 with 70,000 Lux at 1m or the even more powerful ALE10 with 100,000 Lux at 1m.
- Auto-On when any control is touched
- Focusable beam by twisting the handle
- Light intensity control (8 steps)
- Adjustable colour by Red Balance Control
Adjustable Colour Contrast
The colour of the light can be adjusted depending on skin, tissue or wound to select the optimum lighting.
Large Illuminated Field
All models produce a large 250mm max. diameter light field with a 70-140cm working distance.
Sterilisable Handle Option
The standard handle is very easy to clean and accepts most disposable covers. A re-sterilisable handle is an optional item.
High Definition Surgical Lighting
Full Spectrum Colour Rendition
The only surgical lighting with near perfect colour rendition across the full visible spectrum. Natural white light picks out all the visible colours for your eyes so you can clearly see without eye strain.
- Easy to distinguish small differences in tissue
- All the colours are strong and vibrant
- Reduced eye strain by making the light do the work instead of the eye
Fat Beam Illumination
Higher light flux ensures the biggest beams of light in the business, bigger illuminated fields and more light across the full width of the illuminated area.
- High light intensity across the full illuminated area for uniform vision
- Avoids visual distraction by reducing high contrast in the illuminated area
- Adjust the beam size to suit your working area to eliminate peripheral distraction
Red Balance Control
With the highest R9 red colour rendition of any other product, Astramax HD-LED. provides optimum visualisation of red tissues. Red balance enhancement compensates for our natural weakness in distinguishing shades of red and is user adjustable to fine-tune the light to match our own red vision and the surgical conditions.
- Enhanced visualisation of red tissues
- Improved differentiation between tissues of similar colour
- You can adjust the light colour to match your own optical colour response