High-performance surgical lighting
Why Quasar eLite?
High-Performance Surgical Lighting
Designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom, the Quasar eLite range of operating theatre lamps impresses clinical staff every time and it has with the best cost-quality ratio worldwide.
British Design & Technology
Quasar® eLite has been designed by Brandon Medical in the United Kingdom, with inputs from leading product designers and practicing surgeons. Quasar® eLite incorporates collaborative research and technology outputs funded by the European Commission and performed by world-renowned technology partners.
Made in the UK, Supplied Worldwide
Quasar® eLite is produced in our state-of-the-art facility in Leeds, England, by a team with over 70 years experience in manufacturing surgical lights and supplying them to customers around the world.
Near Perfect Colour Rendition with unique Red Balance Control
High Colour Rendition across the Full Visible Spectrum
Near perfect colour rendition across the full visible spectrum. Ra is 95 and R9 is 95. All the “R” Numbers are published in many of our brochures. Uses patented HD-LED technology.
Red Balance Controls
The light is optimised to enhance the visualisation of red tissue and has our unique Red Balance Control, which allows Surgeons to ‘tune’ the red content to match their own vision. Each individual’s eyes have differing levels of red perception and this is shown to deteriorate as we get older. Our unique Red Balance Control allows surgeons to precisely adjust the amount of red light whilst not affecting the balance of other colours.
‘Fat Beam’ Technology
Fat Beam provides broad, evenly illuminated light fields, offering a lot more flexibility in positioning the light versus a small, tight spot which has to be placed very precisely. As a result, the lights don’t have to be moved as much, as they can fully illuminate the whole of the surgical area and even small movements of the patient won’t move the patient out of the illuminated area. Large wound sites are fully illuminated.
Unique ‘Comfort Halo’
A contrast ratio of 160,000:1,000 Lux is quite extreme. The comfort halo is designed to reduce the Surgeon’s eye strain that can result from their central vision being dominated by a very bright light whilst their peripheral vision is in low light. There are also benefits during endoscopic procedures during which the general lighting is normally turned off, with the halo providing soft, low level illumination around the patient for the team to carry out non-surgical tasks.
Unique Design to Minimise Infections
Sealed to IP 54 (Degree of Ingress Protection)
The lamphead is sealed to IP 54 – providing protection against the ingress of liquids and particulates. This stops contaminants, including cleaning solutions from getting inside the lamphead enclosure.
No Exposed Fasteners
Exposed screw heads and similar fasteners are almost impossible to clean effectively if they become contaminated (e.g. blood splashes) so we’ve eliminated all of them from the light head.
Silver Ion Antimicrobial Technology
Biomaster antimicrobial additive is moulded into the plastic lamp head parts and ‘Ultra Fresh’ is incorporated in the lamp head paint. Both of these additives have anti-microbial properties.
Premium quality movement and manoeuvrability
Ergonomics have been a major factor in the design process of Quasar® eLite resulting in a surgery light with unparalleled user benefits:
- Light head edges form ‘virtual handles’.
- Low-weight light head allows easy positioning.
- Six rotations light head.
- Needle roller bearings suspension system
Fully integrated HD-SDI Camera “Inside”
Quasar® eLite can be personalised to include optional features such as HD Cameras that are fully embedded into the lamp head. The HD-SDI system produces outstanding picture quality on large monitors and provides a foundation for Brandon Medical’s Symposia® systems.
- Light output – 160,000 Lux (@ 1 Metre)
- Qe60 – 1 x 160,000 Lux
- Qe6060 – 2 x 160,000 Lux
- Qe606060 – 3 x 160,000 Lux
- Qe6030 – 1 x 160,000Lux & 1 x 160,000 Lux
- Colour temperature – 3,100 to 4,600º Kelvin
- Focusable light field – 200 to 420mm
- Colour Rendition Index – Ra 95 R9 95
- Camera option – fully integrated HD-SDI
- Power consumption (at full intensity) – 48 Watts
- LED life expectancy – 60,000 Hours
- Ingress protection – IP54
Quasar® eLite is available in a variety of mounting combinations to suit the needs of the surgical environment.
HD camera options can be integrated into the slim light head and a range of suspension arms are also available for the perfect integration in hybrid operating theatres and low ceiling theatres.
|Qe60||Quasar® eLite Qe60 single light|
|Qe30||Quasar® eLite Qe30 single light|
|Qe6060||Quasar® eLite Qe60 with Qe60 satellite|
|Qe6030||Quasar® eLite Qe60 with Qe30 satellite|
|Qe606030||Quasar® eLite Qe60 with Qe60 and Qe30 satellites|
|Qe603030||Quasar® eLite Qe60 with two Qe30 satellite|
Brandon Medical offers a range of models to suit any operating theatre needs and configurations. Please request a callback and our regional consultant will contact you.
- Qe6H > Quasar eLite single light with HD-SDI camera
- Qe6H60 > Quasar eLite with HD-SDI camera and Qe60 satellite
- Qe6H30 > Quasar eLite with HD-SDI camera and Qe30 satellite
- Qe6H6030 > Quasar eLite with HD-SDI camera with Qe60 and Qe30 satellites
- Qe6H3030 > Quasar eLite with HD-SDI camera with Qe60 and Qe30 satellites
Benefits of an integrated HD camera within an Operating Theatre Lamp
Surgical view within the OT
Training – AV exported outside of the operating room with additional equipment, such as Brandon Medical’s Symposia.
Brandon Medical offers a range of surgery light models with an HD camera to suit any operating theatre needs and configurations.
Please request a callback and our regional consultant will contact you.
- Good colour rendition makes it much easier for Surgeons to see even small differences in tissue.
- Brandon lights are optimised to enhance the visualisation of red tissue and our unique Red Balance Control allows surgeons to precisely adjust the amount of red light whilst not affecting the balance of other colours.
- Large wound sites are fully illuminated.
- The illuminated field is uniform without aberrations AND the periphery is also uniform without aberrations.
- The comfort halo is designed to reduce the Surgeon’s eye strain that can result from their central vision being dominated by a very bright light whilst his peripheral vision is in low light.
- Quasar eLite light heads are very light, making it easy for the clinicians to move and point them.
- Quasar eLite’s HD camera is completely sealed inside the light where it is safe from damage and contamination.
- The Quasar eLite system offer full native SDI signal output- true high definition.